Chiltern Law are specialists in all aspects of licensing law. We have real strength in Alcohol and Entertainment (The Licensing Act 2003) Gambling, Security Industry Authority, Taxi licensing and many other areas. We can assist with the application or variation as well as advise and represent you it review hearings and appeals.
On the 24th of November 2005 The Licensing Act 2003 came in to force replacing the existing scheme and handing licensing to local authorities. The Act establishes a single integrated scheme for licensing premises which are used for the sale or supply of alcohol, to provide regulated entertainment, or to provide late night refreshment. Permission to carry on some or all of these licensable activities will now be contained in a single licence — the premises licence — replacing several different and complex schemes.
Examples of the type of services we provide include:
- General consultancy in respect of licences and the management of licensed premises
- Changes to the Designated Premises Supervisor
- Representation and advice at review hearings
- Representation and advice at appeals defending enforcement action
- Obtaining Temporary Event Notices (TENS)
- Representing drivers / owners or operators in taxi licence cases
- Shotgun & Firearms Licensing – Darren Rogers has a particular interest in this area, being a keen shooter himself.
- Shotgun and firearm certificate applications
- Appeals in relation to certificate applications
- Advice on refusals and revocations of firearms certificates
- Betting and Gambling certification
- Appeals involving certification
- Advice on certification refusal and revocation
- Alcohol certification
- Appeals relating to certification
- Guidance on certifications being refused or revoked.
To find out more about our services or to book a fixed fee consultation call us today on 0800 7880 999
Alternatively get in touch with our quick contact form.